Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone

Actually, Emily, the heroine of Stephanie Kuehnert's first book wants to be your Joey Ramone. Here's the blurb:

I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE is book about mothers and daughters and about punk rock. Emily Black learned to play guitar even before she learned to tied her shoes. After all, music is a huge part of her life. Just months after Emily is born, her mother Louisa leaves Emily with her father Michael unable to cope with having a child. Michael tells Emily that Louisa went to follow the rise of the punk scene around the country. Emily grows up listening to Louisa's old records and practicing like crazy. She's determined to be a musician who can rock better/faster/harder than the best of them. Because if she is the music, then Louisa will come find her. She'll be drawn to Emily. Right?

I can hear the soundtrack already. I'm so excited for Stephanie that I might have to be sedated.

Stephanie, who just happens to be one of my generous crit partners, is doing a reading this Wednesday, September 5, at Sheffield's in Chicago from 7pm. Go along and see her if you're in the area. I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE will be a June 2008 release through MTV Books.

No comments: