It's actually Jan 1, 2008 here but I can't figure out how to change the time zone settings.
In the lead-up to the new year, I had my own series of unfortunate events. Nothing tragic. Just annoying.
1. I bought conditioner when I needed shampoo.
2. Bought book three in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series instead of book two.
3. After purchasing conditioner and book three, I hopped on the wrong train and ended up far from home. It was actually on this journey when I realised I'd bought the wrong things.
4. Inspired by a Project Runway marathon, I bought some fabric and started making a cute '50s-style sun dress. Unfortunately, it's been so long since I've attempted such a feat that I'd forgotten many aspects of dressmaking. I cut the fabric on the wrong side, which I think means the dress is inside out, if that makes sense. Certainly, it isn't making any sense to me and I have a feeling this dress is going to the bin.
5. On New Year's Eve, I put on my brand-new and v. pricey emerald silk dress, went out for cocktails and immediately spilt a magarita all over my lap. After that, we went to an Indian restaurant, where a dollop of raita slid off my fork, down my arm and onto my dress. Later at home, I spilt sparkling shiraz on the dress. Soon after, the dress got caught on a dining room chair. Now there's a centimetre-wide hole in the dress and it's beyond repair.
Goodbye, 2007. May 2008 be jinx-free.