Saturday, January 5, 2008

Good News All Round

The first week of 2008 is shaping up very well.

Finalists in the prestigious Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award include three of my favourite writers, Annie West, Anna Campbell and Amanda Ashby. Hmm, there must be something fortuitous about having a name that begins with 'A', eh? See the full run down of nominees here. I'm picking out my next purchases from this list.

Speaking of purchases, lovely Wendy Toliver's debut, The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren is out now. There's a great interview with Wendy about how she came up with the concept of the book on Sara Hantz's blog. Sara herself is up for the Aussie Author of the Year Award. Click on this to vote for her. And in a couple of days, Tina Ferraro's second release, How to Hook a Hottie will be out. Cute cover, Tina.

Finally, I just found out I WON a contest, Romance Writers of Australia's Selling Synopsis competition. It's my first-ever win, so I'm rather excited. Congratulations to the place-getters--Bec Sampson, Nikki Beynon, Fiona Gregory, Donna Allen, and Jennifer Reid. Nikki's partial was also requested by the editor judge, so keep your fingers crossed for her.

What's your good news story for this week?

6 comments:

TinaFerraro said...

VANESSA! Congrats on winning that contest! How exciting...and of course, I hope the good things just keep happening from here!

And thanks for the snaps on HOW TO HOOK A HOTTIE. I heard earlier that someone managed to buy a copy today...so fun that it's almost out!

Authorness said...

Thanks, Tina! I'm so looking forward to getting my hands on Hottie.

Sara Hantz said...

HUGE congrats on winning the contest. You must be so thrilled..... It's a sign that 2008 is going to be an awesome year for you!!

Authorness said...

Thanks for the congrats, Sara. It's a very nice way to start the year, and I hope the fun continues!

Amanda Ashby said...

Sorry I'm so late to chime in here but MEGA congrats on your win. I agree with Sara that's a definitely a sign of good things to come in 2008!!

Oh, and thanks for my own shout out - I'm so pathetic that I keep going to the RT site to check they didn't make a mistake!!!!

Authorness said...

Thanks, Amanda!

I'm here to tell you that you really are a finalist. I'll bet my pretty pink halo headband in it. Good luck!